Technique of STT Fusion (For Keinbock’s Disease)
– the exposure is a transverse incision
– the initial interval goes between EPL and ECRB
– watch out for superficial branch of the radial nerve
– take EPL radially first to deal with the scaphoid and trapezoid
– then take EPL ulnarly to deal with the trapezium, which is quite deep in the wound
– take off the radial styloid if doing it for SLAC wrist
– K-wire trapezoid to scaphoid – don’t actually need to K-wire to trapezium
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!