Ulna – approach
* position – supine with forearm across chest & tourniquet
* incision – longitudinal over subcut. border of ulna
* internervous plane – ECU (PIN) & FCU (ulnar n.)
– incise deep fascia
– find interval btw ECU & FCU
– middle 1/3 – ECU fibers may need to be divided from bone
– at olecranon – FCU & anconeus run along plane of dissection
– incise periosteum
– prox. 1/5 of ulna – insertion of triceps may need to be detached to gain access to bone
– ulnar n. – travels under FCU; should be identified proximally as it emerges btw 2 hds of FCU b4 stripping FCU from bone
– ulnar art. – runs on radial side of ulnar n.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!